Social media statistics within the Australian market are becoming more and more sought after. We love social media news who cover these stats monthly adding context behind them also.
So here’s February’s social media statics in Australia for 2012 :
1. Facebook – 10,703,160 Australian users – 13 million UAVs according to Google Adplanner.
2. YouTube – 11,000,000 UAVs
3. Blogspot – 3,500,000
4. LinkedIn – 2,200,000
5. Twitter – 1,800,000
6. WordPress.com – 1,600,000
7. Google Plus – 1,200,000 users (Estimation* based on 90 million users globally)
8. Tumblr – 1,100,000
9. Flickr – 920,000
10. MySpace – 520,000
11. Instagram – 250,000
12. Pinterest – 160,000
* UVAs = Unique Australian Visitors to the site (UAV’s) per month, or an average between the UAV’s and user numbers reported by reputable sources via David Cowling.
We expect to see Pinterest climb that ladder due to it’s explosive growth over the last few months, along with it being a big player in website referral traffic. We’re now seeing credible brands utilising it’s features in a unique and creative manner. Could the rise of Pinterest along with other platforms like Fancy be shaping the way for social shopping? We believe so.
We trust we’ll see Google+ stats increase slightly due to early adopters in Australia jumping on the platform and understanding it’s functions/features prior to the hyped up and perceived big boom.
Does seeing what your friends share on platforms such as Pinterest plant the seed or influence your purchasing decisions?